Saturday 30 March 2013

My GT Experience

First of all, I had a really good experience working with my own team mates.
We started off thinking of concepts to making this presentation interactive and interesting.
and we really wanted to have the "fun" element in it and hence, making our Q&A different with a game session where we felt everyone could learn more from it.

For some reasons, maybe due to pressure or environment, I felt more nervous than I previously was during polytechnic. In my own personal opinion, presenting during those days was a breeze to me and didn't felt like I had so many points I had to take note of. Perhaps this will take time to adapt myself comfortably to the new environment.

One thing I felt about our group presentation was that everyone did a really fabulous job. Before the actual day of presentation, we were giving each other feedbacks on the tone/volume and posture which are really critical for a good presentation. But still, although we all had our bad/good points, I still felt that we were much better as compared to each of our rehearsal. For that, I am really proud to say I am part of this group with awesome people.

For my part, I felt that the entire presentation content were really very theory based and it was really inevitable. As compared to the 1st/2nd group which had a much lighter content, it was a challenge to all of us. This was because we had to think of ways to put things as simplified as possible with little words on the slides (if not may end up become wordy). But yeah, there were many constraints.

For my own presentation, I cannot exactly put a feeling to how I felt that day. But, I was rather disappointed by my own performance. When I entered University, through ES2002, it made me realised that my pace was really fast. From what university requires given the feedbacks, it seems to me that there must be great spacing in between your presentation. Somehow, I found it hard to do it because if i were to speak any slower, I would not be myself anymore and I am afraid it may come off as being too fake or just not right. So this sets me pondering, how to do it naturally?






4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt that you guys did a great job in your presentation and the game was fun and creative, it stood out from the rest.
      I realized there are some minor grammar errors in your essay. For example, I didn't felt, it should be I didn't feel. Other than that it is pretty fine.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this probing reflection, Sarah. I like the way you explain the part played by the useful feedback you received from your teammates. I also appreciate the fact that your team's content was a major challenge. Even with that being the case, your team did a very good job of conveying the required information. Of course, in a reflection it's easy to focus on the disappointments. In retrospect we often see our weaknesses as paramount. But those areas should not eclipse what you and your teammates did so well. It's all a positive learning experience. That was clearly the case as you gave a much improved FOP. Your pacing in that presentation was very fine. All in all, the learning potential in these various trials is very high.

    You pose a question about how to make your delivery more natural. I'd suggest that it's a combination of factors: internalizing the content and having confidence in that, developing a sense that the audience can learn something from you, and being willing to show your "real self," the more "personalized you" and not just some stage persona. It's also a matter of practice and experience. I'm sure you'll achieve the satisfaction that comes from being "more natural" on stage sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete