Monday 15 April 2013

Reflection on FOP

For FOP, we were given 1 week to prepare however due to time constraint, I only had a mere 4 days to prepare. It was definitely a challenge but I am really glad I had overcome this hurdle!
Firstly, I would like to thank Brad for the continuous support and guidance he had given me throughout this whole process of learning. Through this whole learning process, I gained much more confidence presenting infront of a crowd.

In particular for FOP, despite having so little time to prepare, one thing I really learn from doing presentation is to "believe in your content" - other than "faking till you believe in it". It is only when you believe and you have the confidence in your own content, then it is possible to fake it till you believe it!

I felt I done pretty well for the presentation as I was quite fluent in giving my content.
After my first GT experience, I learnt to not rely on script so much and hence throughout my presentations, all i had was to internalize the content and follow the sequence of the slides to present.
I am really glad to say that, I did it! haha

For the discussion, I felt that my group did it very naturally as we had 0 practice on it. Hence almost everything had to be at your fingertips and you have to think on the spot. It was a challenge but I am really glad everyone had the opportunity to speak their parts and it was really good as all of us had different role to play. Bryan especially kept reminding us the timing which was one of the crucial thing. I must thank everyone for their efforts and time in making this whole thing a great success!

Thank you Chloe, Bryan, Huiqi for these wonderful experiences!


1 comment:

  1. Oh you're too kind, Sarah. In fact, the work was all yours, and I am simply happy that I had a chance to accompany you and the others on this learning journey. It was great to see you so willingly embrace the criticism, and from there you improved greatly. Now I look forward to watching the FIPD.

    All the best in your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete